SCA is caused by the sudden termination of cardiac activity. The victim show no signs of normal breathing or circulation, he becomes non-responsive. It results in sure death if the victim fails to receive immediate CPR and accurate treatment for restoring normal cardiac activity. Relatively SCA is not common in children and young adults. It is also not the leading cause of death in the young group. With prompt support and treatment, the young victims of SCA are more likely to survive compared to the pre-hospital traumatic cardiac arrest that the adults suffer.
SCA in children and young adults is mostly a precipitated outcome of ventricular fibrillation (VF) or rapid ventricular tachycardia (pulse-less VT). They are abnormal heart rhythms that are either typically inherited, or they are congenital cardiac conditions. They can also be the result of acute medical problems which happen to be responsible for the inflammation of the heart. Vigorous exercises and sports activities can also act as a trigger for these fatal arrhythmias.
There is something called the
- The Zoll AED Plus is…
- If you need an AED…
- The Camden Clark Medical Center…
- Blood Pressure Machine: What is It?
- Waterproof Survival Kit: March 2012 Special
- December 2011 Monthly Special
- American Med Supply AED Giveaway Grand Prize Winner Is…
- American Med Supply AED Giveaway September Winner Is…
- American Med Supply AED Giveaway August Winner Is...
- American Med Supply July AED Giveaway Contest Winner
First Name: Email Address:
Register now for our "FREE" service to monitor your batteries,electrode pads and CPR responder expiration dates.
Free First Aid Kit with all AED's.
"Free" shipping on all AED's.
(Enter Coupon Code "100" at checkout)